#TopTenTuesday: Favorite Authors of All Time

Hmm... I don't even know how this list could exist?! Who thinks this list is even possible? Right?! You all feel my pain, don't you? And I thought last week was rough with all the inspiring quotes that kept popping up while I tried to whittle those down to ten. So here we go... I'm breaking these authors up into sections again in hopes of allowing me to maybe get a grip on some of my favorites and sort them into lists of tens. There's no specific order to them within their lists.



Thanks to The Broke and the Bookish for torturing us all with this list.

YA Authors that will always... ALWAYS show up on my bookshelf:

Tamora Pierce
Garth Nix
Marissa Meyer
Holly Black
J. K. Rowling
Elizabeth George Speare
Judy Blume
Beverly Cleary
Andrew Clements
Avi

Mystery/Historical Fiction Authors that I always read:

Laurie R. King
Charles Finch
P. D. James
Elizabeth George
Carole Nelson Douglas
Arthur Conan Doyle
Jasper Fforde
Baroness Emma Orczy
Rafael Sabatini
Alexandre Dumas

Classic Authors that I always read:

Sylvia Plath
L. M. Montgomery
Louisa May Alcott
Anais Nin
C. S. Lewis
J. R. R. Tolkien
Harper Lee
Jane Austen
Nathaniel Hawthorne
Edgar Allan Poe

Realism Authors that I always read:

Rainbow Rowell
Stephanie Perkins
Gayle Forman
David Levithan
Nick Hornby
Lauren Oliver
John Green
Andrew Smith
Matthew Quick
Markus Zusak

Romance Authors that I always read:

Julia Quinn
Jo Beverley
Mary Jo Putney
Gaelen Foley
Maria V. Snyder
Amanda Quick
Jennifer Crusie
Sarah Desson
Lisa Kleypas
Susane Colasanti

So uhm... anyone feel for me? Who else had a multitude of authors to choose from and attempted to put them together all into one post. Ha! My overachieving book reader self is a bit sad that even now there are some people left off this list and not necessarily under the best headline either. Forgive me dearest people, but I would rather have you here than leave you out.

Comments

  1. I can't believe I didn't think of some of these - Judy Blume and Sylvia Plath especially. I'll be checking out some of the other authors I'm not as familiar with. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every single post I've read, that's been my response. How could I have left that person off? Argh... yes, it's ridiculous the love I have for so many authors and they're my favorite of all time, goshdarnit... along with a million others.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Great list! I love how you split it out by genre. I enjoy many of the same authors! Rowling, PD James, Elizabeth George were on my ultimate list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nearly every post I've read including the directions for this week's Top Ten Tuesday has given me a mini-heartache because of the people I knew who would be left off because of trying to keep this list shortish.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

#TopTenTuesday: Top Ten Books I've Read So Far in 2015

#TopTenTuesday: Ten Fellow Book Nerds From Favorite Books

#TopTenTuesday: Ten Hyped Books I've Never Read