'Waiting On' Wednesday #21: Because of Miss Bridgerton by Julia Quinn

Who absolutely adores the Bridgerton series by Julia Quinn? Now romance doesn't feature regularly, heavily on my TBR pile but I still adore it especially when its infused with the homey hilarity that Quinn manages. She's got a golden touch of humor that makes me belly laugh out loud.



DETAILS:
  • Title: Because of Miss Bridgerton
  • Publisher: Avon
  • Publishing date: March 29, 2016
  • Author(s): Julia Quinn
  • Series: Bridgerton

SUMMARY:
Sometimes you find love in the most unexpected of places…
This is not one of those times.
Everyone expects Billie Bridgerton to marry one of the Rokesby brothers. The two families have been neighbors for centuries, and as a child the tomboyish Billie ran wild with Edward and Andrew. Either one would make a perfect husband… someday.
Sometimes you fall in love with exactly the person you think you should…
Or not.
There is only one Rokesby Billie absolutely cannot tolerate, and that is George. He may be the eldest, and heir to the earldom, but he’s arrogant, annoying, and she’s absolutely certain he detests her. Which is perfectly convenient, as she can’t stand the sight of him, either.
But sometimes fate has a wicked sense of humor…
Because when Billie and George are quite literally thrown together, a whole new sort of sparks begins to fly. And when these lifelong adversaries finally kiss, they just might discover that the one person they can’t abide is the one person they can’t live without...
WOULD YOU LIKE TO ORDER YOUR OWN COPY?
Available in e-Reader Formats:














As always thanks to Breaking the Spine for hosting.

Comments

  1. I don't think I've read anything by this author... Might have to check it out :) Thanks for sharing!
    Danielle @ Life With Two Boys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julia Quinn truly does have a rare gift of hilarity. I find her Bridgerton series delightfully entertaining but touching too. And I read so little romance nowadays but her books always go on my TBR list.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Great pick! I've heard great things about Julia Quinn, but I haven't read this series yet. I don't read too much romance, but I may give this one a try.

    Traci @ The Reading Geek

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Julia Quinn is wonderful! Hope you have a chance to check her out because when you're in the mood for romance, especially if you read so little of it, she delivers the stories that are affecting and funny.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I haven't read anything by this author, but I hope you enjoy it to pieces when you have the chance!
    Lis @ The reader lines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too since I read so little romance nowadays but could use some happy making stories in my life right now.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. This doesn't seem like my kind of read but I hope you enjoy it when it's released!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Since I read so little romance nowadays, but could use some happy making stories in my life right now.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I don't read a lot of romance either. But when I do decide to go that route just for a little change up, I love when the author incorporates humour into the mix - it just makes the story at hand that much more interesting.

    I hope you'll enjoy this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Julia Quinn knows how to do affecting and funny so if you ever get a hankering for romance, I would recommend her and especially this series.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. I really like the summary and added it to my The Book Depository Wishlisht. Since it is also under $10 I might actually buy it before the end of the month. I bought over 100 paperbacks last year so it is feasible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! That's a lot of paperback purchases! However, glad to have included in my WoW a book that interests you. Julia Quinn is wonderful and this series has been ongoing for a long time. Have you read the first in this series? The Duke and I, The Viscount Who Loved Me and Romancing Mr. Bridgeton are my favorites.

      Good luck this year with your book buying purchases and may they all be good reads. :)

      Delete
  7. This seems like a long time series! I hope this newest release is everything you hope for! There is just something about series you have and hold for years that you grow so attached to them and can never have enough :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't there. It's like you become family or something. :)

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  8. I've not read anything by Quinn, but I just recently got a ton of her earlier books! I hope you enjoy this book when you read it. :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, hope you enjoy Julia Quinn then! She really is one of the funniest authors in romance.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. I've only just gotten into historical romance, and I haven't tried Julia Quinn yet, but I looove the sound of this. And the promise of a bit of laughter is the best! Wonderful pick!

    Rachel @

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh... awesome! Do hope you pick up some of her earlier books because they are hysterical and you can read those now! ;)

      Happy Reading.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

#TopTenTuesday: Top Ten Books I've Read So Far in 2015

#TopTenTuesday: Ten Fellow Book Nerds From Favorite Books

"Waiting On" Wednesday #13: Beastly Bones by William Ritter